See the Rabble.ca article here
Saturday January 26th 2013
- 10am: The political context in Canada: different initiatives proposing a common fight against the right and neoliberalism
- 10:30am: What is a social forum and how does it function? How can it promote collaboration between social movements from Canada, Quebec and Indigenous Peoples? Role and function of the Social Movement Assembly in a Social Forum
- 12pm: lunch break
- 1:30pm: The Canada-Quebec-Indigenous Peoples’ Social Forum
- What are some of the main issues: address by the founders of Idle No More
- What regional and cross-Canada processes to lead up to a Social Forum
- Timing: what criteria in order to decide when a Forum is held
- Venue: what criteria in order to decide upon a venue
- What kind of Forum: decentralized, centralized in one location ?
- Key structures to set-up: secretariat, program committee, communicationscommittee, logistics and finance committee,
- 4:30pm End of first session
- 6:00 pm Reception: place to be advised
Sunday January 27th 2013
9:30am: Social Movements assembly: coalition and common action proposals (coalition and common action proposals, Common Causes, etc…)
12pm: Lunch break
1:30pm Setting up the basic structures of the Social Forum: secretariat, program committee, communications committee, logistics and finance committee, etc..
3:30pm End of second session
If you are interested in attending please RSVP to: Roger Rashi firstname.lastname@example.org or Raul Burbano email@example.com before January 18th 2013.